Pro Med has been involved in the business of radiology billing systems for the past 3 decades. Pro Med’s billing platform forms the backbone to the billing of most radiology practices in South Africa. Through the integration of Pro Med’s billing system into the RIS PACS Workflow solution;
- Our billing facilitates the access to all documents in real-time for immediate billing by the accounts department.
- The preconfigured tariff codes alleviate the necessity for non-account staff to know intricate feeing rules and guidelines as set out by Council of Medical Schemes. The preconfigured consumables ensure that routine disposables are not left off accounts. (e.g. preps given by reception prior to study).
- Patient Validation checks patient’s Medical Aid details electronically, vastly reducing non-payment due to invalid membership.
- Debt Notification alerts the receptionist when entering a patient that is considered to be a risk.
- Pro Forma billing allows the Radiographer to select the tariff codes from preconfigured lists improving speed and accuracy. The Radiologist has the ability validate or edit pro forma billing.
- ICD10 Coding allows for a dedicated ICD10 coder or Radiologist to add ICD10 codes to examinations.
- Billing allows the billing clerk to validate or edit pro forma billing and link ICD10 codes. Immediate online claims processing of billed accounts to medical aid.
- The Debtors Module makes use of effective tools for debt collection namely integrated email, SMS, Daily processing and daily balancing with a full audit trail.
- Medical Aid Remittances enables automatic system updates reflecting patients Medical Aid payments.